Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Redhead Named Lucy.

As beautiful and wonderful Hawaii is, it still gets pretty boring when you are house bound. JJ and I love it in Kaneohe which is a very nice part of the island, but it pretty low key and there is not much within walking distance (ok so not the walking distance that I want to do!). So the hunt for a car began.

We toured the island's military bases to visit their Lemon Lots looking for a cheap car that we thought would be fun. An island fun-mobile, if you will. We decided the best bet would be a Jeep Wrangler. We looked at several Jeeps and put an offer on a blue one, but we were out bid!

We continued to look and still tried to find everything that we needed for our house. I was looking on craigslist one day and saw a listing for some baskets and other random things. The ad was by a girl who was moving back to the mainland and was trying to get rid of her stuff. When we pulled up to her place I noticed a red Jeep outside. I asked her if she was selling it and she stated that she planned to ship it back to Oregon, it was her dream car. I said well if you change your mind keep us in mind. When I returned home I emailed her again to make sure that she had all of our contact information.

A few days later we got an email saying that her dad had talked her into selling her car and wanted to know if we wanted to come test drive it. Well we fell in love with the car and now I have the perfect island vehicle! The car has a bit of a character. It is cherry red so I've decided to call her Lucy!




Lucy is a ton of fun for cruising around the island!


Hand in the wind on an island drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment