Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hey Diddle Diddle! My Baby Shower.

Well the girls blew this one out of the park. I can't begin to tell you how special I felt this past Sunday during the shower. I have met some truly wonderful people here in Hawaii. I am thankful to have these girls in my life.

The shower was held at A Cup of Tea, a tea room in Kailua where we enjoyed a lovely tea. I'm always up for a tasty tea! We started the shower by decorating onesies. I think everyone have some fun with this. I mean I think it has been awhile for all of us since we last used puffy paint. Which made us all talk about our first concerts and making tee-shirts for them.



Actually before we decorated onesies. Gea passed out clothes pins to everyone for the secret word game. We all were banned from saying baby. If you did say it and someone caught you, they took your pin. Adrienne had the majority of the pins before we finished with the onesies! I was able to steal one and was up two then I lost it again to Adrienne.


Next we played the Price is Right, baby edition. We had to guess the price of some typical baby items... we were all over the place with this! I guess no of us really have a feel for the cost of baby supplies. I actually won this one, but I have been a in the baby aisle recently.


Then my friends guessed how big my belly was. I thought this was quite entertaining. They were each given a piece of ribbon and had to cut it down to the size they thought it was. I measured before hand to give an idea of how much ribbon each girl should be given. So I'm now at 39in and I still have several weeks to go! Justine was the lucky winner here. There were these really neat gift baskets for the winners. Each had a nursery rhyme attached and the items went along with the story.

Next we did the gift portion which is always fun! I got so much good stuff. Including lots of clothes! I definitely don't need any clothes for the nugget for his first 6 months! I also got some swaddling blankets and burp cloths, a baby monitor, lots of little things and some gift cards! Oh and most importantly we received books! I'll have to take a picture of my baby book shelf sometime to show you all of the good ones. Classics like Green Eggs and Ham, Are You My Mother, One Fish..., Goodnight moon, The Stinky Cheese Man, The Giving Tree and several others were included! We got a few books with a bunch of nursery rhymes which I need to brush up on.









Speaking of nursery rhymes, we played a name that rhyme game where we were given a line and we had to guess the title. I did horribly! I only got 4 out of about 17 right. So I better start reading!


Last, but definitely not least we had cake! Caitlin made this awesome blue velvet cake. We was shaped like a book with a rhyme written in it. Humpty Dumpy was there on his "brick wall" and so was the Mother Goose. It was so delicious!


From the bottom of my heart, thank you to all those involved in the shower. I had an amazing time and I am so grateful to have you in my life. You truly made me feel like the most special lady that day.

Aren't my friends all pretty?!?!?!

Photos by Alyson Nowery. Thanks Alyson! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment