Friday, July 8, 2011

Being Crafty.

While JJ was on deployment, I decided to take on a refurbishing project. I really wanted an area on my lanai to drink my coffee and enjoy a book. However, the space is not that deep and most lounge sets were too big or if they fit they were super expensive. So after some searching on craigslist, I gathered some second hand pieces for a DIY project.

 The couch came with an ugly green cushion and pillow, thank goodness for a sewing machine!

 This old peeling chair is real wicker that I needed to strip first, but it is a rocker. 

I was able to still keep our table out on the lanai. 

After hours or sanding, priming, painting, sealing and several blisters I finally turned the white chair and beige couch into beautiful "cappuccino" furniture. I managed to only get a little paint in the building ;) and the light headed-ness to a minimum.  While the paint dried and my blisters recovered I slaved away at my sewing machine recovering cushions and making new pillows. The end result, a place for me to enjoy my morning coffee and to enjoy the view. 

The side tables are the next DIY project, but they are the perfect size for a cup of coffee and a book. 


Here is my attempt at an herb garden. The sun is a bit intense in the afternoon, but I am trying to have a green thumb! 


No comments:

Post a Comment