Friday, December 24, 2010

Saturday at the KCC.

Some of the pretty local flowers.
 
The KCC (Kapiolani Community College) farmers market is the most well known on the island. It happens every Saturday from 7 to 11 am at the base of Diamond Head. I ventured out there last week to see what they had. It was quite large like they said and there was plenty of produce to choose from. I was not looking for produce, but was interested in what other vendors were there.

Knowing the food vendors would be there I did not eat before I went, I wanted to save lots of room for what I might find. Unfortunately, I was on my own so I didn't have anyone to sample the treats with and I had to be picky. I had a few fried green tomatoes and zucchini to start. After making another loop I went for a piece of grilled pesto pizza. I had had it before and knew that it was worth the wait!

The North Shore Tomato stand that sell the best grilled pizza!

After my breakfast I got some cranberry walnut bread and some fresh butter. I also bought a few Christmas presents that I can't tell you about right away.

He uses his hands to make the great big snow cones.
 
All in all I thought that the market did have a great select of local produce, but it seemed just to be a collection of vendors from all of the other farmers market. So I don't think I will travel there again unless I go for a hike up Diamond Head.

I would say that my favorite market is the Sunday morning one on the North Shore.
This big guy was patiently waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment