Monday, September 14, 2009

And "the Dress" has been found....

I did it! I stopped fretting and forgot my fear of commitment. I picked a dress. Much to my Mother's surprise only after three bridal boutiques, and a second trip to the first store, I said, "Yes!" to the dress.

It was the first dress that tried on and it made me gasp. However, I could not trust my initial feeling. I doubted it. I mean, I couldn't possibly want the very first dress that I tried on, could I? Well I did. I thought about the dress for over a week, I even dreamt about it. Every time I tried on another dress I was thinking about the Marisa Dress I found at Claire Dratch. I even seriously considered a Watters dress I found in Baltimore, it was the complete opposite of what I was looking for, but I liked it still.

The morning after the Baltimore visit I knew I had to go back to Claire Dratch in Bethesda. I had to see the Marisa dress again, and even better they had the Watters dress as well. I had neglected it the first time I saw it. So I called Claire Dratch the minute they opened (well a few minute prior since I thought someone might be there setting up). They said that I could come in at 11 to see the dress again. I dragged my Mother and a bridesmaid down with me. Once I saw myself in that dress, I knew. I tired the other dress on again, just to make sure. The Marisa dress was definitely the one. My mom said, "Why don't you sleep on it?" But I was ready. I simply said, "This is it..... yes!" Deanna clapped; My mom and I cried.

With as much hesitation as I was feeling with most of the dresses, I am glad to say that I haven't regretted my dress choice once since we ordered it! I'm so excited, I can't wait for it to come in!

I truly believe that there is a magic about weddings. I guess it is all related to the tradition of them. After all my mom bought the first dress she tried on as well. Oh did I mention.... she got her's from Claire Dratch, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment